Jan 26, 2015

Craftsy BOM January Block

Well, here is the start of my adventure with techniques and blocks that will take me way off my comfort zone. The fabric keeps pushing me into working with it and learning as much as I can.  




I must confess I did not like working with the templates very much; it may be because I was trying to pay close attention to every detail. I knew that there was not going to be much room for mistakes and I certainly don't want to use more fabric than necessary. I was super careful with the size of the half-square triangle units. At the end, I was really pleased to see perfect points!




Well, not perfect perfect; just perfect... lol The templates were really accurate - and I learned a good lesson. If I took the time to observe all they "say," even grain is included and bias edges could be avoided. I did use some starch, which has become one of my good friends!

Another major lesson was finding out what the little holes in some templates are for. Blogging about this almost feels embarrassing, but I guess we all have to start somewhere. Now I feel like taking out some of those templates and start experimenting some with them, it is amazing how much we can learn at every turn of the road!


Well, here it is! The May Basket. The feet may look different from the fabric pictured above, that is because I had an issue with the initial cutting, so I ended up having to cut up extra fabric. I used a different section so that it matched the top, like a double rim effect. 


How about you? Have you started any quilting adventures lately?

I hope that all of you are doing fine and thanks for stopping by!

Stay blessed,

Yiya

No comments:

Post a Comment