Nov 12, 2012

Feeding my book worm


Out of the many things to do around here on The Hill, there is one that I really enjoy... Curling up on the couch and read!

OK... Yes... I'll admit that reading is not an activity exclusively pertaining to The Hill, but that's one of my soft spots.  Well, you know, I've got this book work that keeps looking for words to eat, ideas to learn and stories to digest. Moreover, this little dude seems to come with a mouth (or pen?) of its own, so it just has to find opportunities to share all those wonderful and fuzzy thoughts with whomever gets captured. And that's what this post is about - my book worm!

I can't remember the first time mom confessed that she preferred to take me to a shoe store than to a book store... (Do I really need to comment any further?)  Lately, it's Mr. Fuzz that just shakes his head or rolls his eyes each time I come in with a new printed friend under the arm, or whenever one arrives in the mail.  I've been known to munch on one story and forget that there are things that I'm supposed to do... I mean, it's THAT bad...  

And just to make things worse way better, there are several book review programs in the US for which you can sign up.  The Publisher will send you a book for free, or grant you access to an electronic version, as long as you publish a review, generally within a month of delivery, in a retailer site and in your blog.

Since January 2010 I have been reviewing books for Bethany House Publishers... Nutritional and selected munchiness for my worm... It's great!  I have come to know about very good authors I enjoy, as well as some that I would never buy.  It takes just a few minutes to sign up for the program in this page: Bethany House Blogger Review Program; just fill in the form and you're good to go!  You can choose the kind of book you would like to read, and you get to keep the book! Just remember that you need to invest your time in reading (even if you don't like the contents) and write/post your review on time.  

In other words, you'll see blogs about books pop up every now and then... That just means happy worm! :)

So how about you?  Do you like reading? What is your favorite book?

No comments:

Post a Comment